“Christ Caring for People through People.”
Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also out to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.1 John 4:11-12
What is Stephen Ministry?
Stephen Ministry is grounded in Jesus’ command to love one another. Through one-to-one caring and confidential relationships, those who are hurting receive the love and care they need to support them.
- Is life more than you can handle alone right now?
- Are your health, your attitude, or your relationships suffering?
- Are you adjusting to a new job, change in marital status, a serious illness, the death of a loved one, or a recent move?
- Would you like to have someone in your life who really cares?
Everyone goes through difficult times. Having someone to care, to listen, and to share God’s love with you can help you get through the confusion, stress, or loneliness you may be experiencing.
Utica United Methodist Church has been a Stephen Ministry congregation for over 20 years and during that time has provided confidential, Christian care to many people. Whatever your need, large or small, a Stephen Minister is ready to walk with you. Please call one of our Stephen Leaders or Pastor Don, and they will help you get the care you need.
Contact one of our Stephen Leaders for more information:
Sheila Manning email@example.com (586) 463-0298
What is a Stephen Minister?
A Stephen Minister is …
- A child of God who walks beside a person who is hurting
- A caring, Christian friend who takes the time to really listen
- A lay person who has received 50 hours of training in how to provide distinctively Christian care
A Stephen Minister is not …
- A counselor or therapist
- A problem-solver
- A casual visitor
Who is helped by Stephen Ministry?
Anyone going through difficult times who needs someone to care, listen, and share God’s love with them on a one-to-one confidential basis.
Stephen Ministry helps to meet the needs of individuals who are:
- Hospitalized/recently discharged
- Facing serious or terminal illness
- Experiencing major adjustments to jobs/careers/residences
- Facing decisions on future care of aging parents/spouse
- Experiencing absence of family members due to death, school, military assignments, marriage, divorce
- Persons experiencing a spiritual crisis
Stephen Ministers are called to be Caregivers
“Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.” Galatians 6:2
“Encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone.” 1 Thessalonians 5:14
God is the Cure-giver
Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you.” Psalm 55:22
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28
“Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” 1 Peter 5:7
Consider allowing a Stephen Minister to walk with you on your journey to wholeness.