The Free Oil Change Ministry on Saturday, September 28this available to all individuals who receive Medicaid, Michigan Bridge Card assistance, or are “single parent families”.
Everyone needs a vehicle, and while maintenance is important, it often gets pushed “to the back burner” due to limited funds and other, more important, needs such as food and medicines. Therefore, the only requirement from these individuals is to schedule and keep an appointment on September 28th.
How can you be involved in providing Free Oil Changes?
The following support areas need volunteers. Look it over and sign up if you’d like to help!
- Changing oil (done in teams)
- Donating funds for supplies (since each vehicle has different requirements)
- Obtaining and organizing supplies
- Driving vehicles to and from changing stations
- Reception Team: Registration/Welcoming guests
- Car Washing
- Safety Check Team: Tire pressure and vehicle checks
- Serving lunch for all present at noon (Donate funds or serve)
The Free Oil Changes are completed on site at the Utica United Methodist Church in the Parking Lot. Each team changing oil must have their own tools. Ramps, ground covering, towels, oil supplies and recycling, filter supply and recycling will be provided.
How do those in need get involved?
Each Year a free Oil Change Certificate is distributed by those in the Macomb County Community Mental Healthoffice through the many client service offices in the county. The clients who obtain a Certificate respond by scheduling an appointment on the day/date indicated and arrive on time.