Utica United Methodist Church welcomes and receives people from a variety of backgrounds.
Since all who want to become members come with different experiences and backgrounds, there are a number of ways to become a member of The United Methodist Church:
- If you have never been baptized, you will prepare for baptism.
- If you were baptized as an infant or young child and have not made a profession of faith and been confirmed, then you will prepare to reaffirm your baptism when you take the membership vows.
- If you are a member of another part of the church (such as Baptist, Presbyterian or Lutheran), then you can transfer your membership from that church to a local United Methodist Church.
- If you are a member of another Christian church that does not transfer membership, you can make a profession of faith and be received as a member.
- Talk with our Pastor about becoming a member and he will be able to answer your questions and help you discern what next steps to take.